Hi All Sutho Juniors (Players and Parents) !!
Now we are officially passed Australia Day 2017, I’m sure everyone is now thinking about the coming season of hockey, rather than the Summer Holidays just completed!
As Junior Convenor and President of Sutherland Hockey Club, I want to welcome everyone back to what I hope proves to be another exciting and rewarding year with our Club.
Some news on the season of junior hockey ahead of us:
- Junior Age Coordinators
I’m pleased to advise we again have an excellent group of knowledgeable and enthusiastic Junior Age Coordinators to assist this year:
U11: Andrew Hoy 0403 921 164
U13: David Richardson 0406 532 950
U15: Warwick Bardsley 0407 935 108
U17: Mark Bayley 0402 046 249
The Age Co-ordinatoors are first point of contact for players / parents at this stage of the season with any questions on the season ahead. The Age Coordinators will be able to help you, or get someone else to assist, with any queries you have about registration with our Club, the coming series of junior team trials, or the season ahead. Any general enquiries by email should continue to be directed to: email@example.com
- Junior Registration & Team Trials
Details on how to register with the Club, along with the dates & times of all junior trials, are on the club website. Please take the time to work through this 2-step process as soon as possible:
Your registration, especially new players, can be done at the clubhouse at the following times:
Thursday 2 February, 6:30pm – 8pm
Saturday 4 February, 10am – 1pm
Please ensure your registration is completed, including all payments of 2017 fees, prior to attending your team trials
- Junior Umpires
We are keen to see lots of kids take up the opportunity to learn and develop as umpires this season. You can nominate at either of the registration days to be on our 2017 junior umpires list. Beginner umpires welcome, no experience necessary. Contact Ross Angus ( 0428 952 062) for information on our junior umpire program.
- Coach, Assistant Coach & Team Manager Positions
I am always happy to hear from people who might be interested in taking up positions with our junior teams – Coach, Assistant Coach, or Team Manager. Getting the best possible people into these roles, and providing them with the support they need throughout the season, will always be the most important element of ensuring our juniors enjoy their season, whichever team they are in. If you have an interest in any of these roles, then please let me or the relevant Age Co-ordinator know.
- Hockey News for 2017
A few points of interest for the 2017 season:
- This year we have nominated and had accepted 2 teams into the u15 Metro competition and 1 team into the u17 Metro competition. Fielding a 2nd u15 team will enable us to provide a larger group of kids with experience at this level, something we have been trying to do for a number of years.
- All u11 competition hockey this year will be played in the half field format, following an instruction from Hockey NSW to all affiliated Associations.
- Construction of the two new synthetic hockey fields at Greenhills is well underway, with forecast availability of “March/April”. Construction of these fields will provide a real boost to local hockey competitions, so watch out for more news in this regard
- There will be a Working Bee at the Club on Saturday 18 March – more news on that coming soon
- Sponsorship opportunities exist with our Club – if you know of a local business that would potentially be interested in sponsoring our Club for the 2017 season, then please let me know
That’s all for now. I look forward to seeing everyone getting back into hockey and enjoying another fabulous year with the Club
Junior Convenor & President