Sydney South Hockey Association
PLEASE NOTE WE ONLY RECEIVED NOTIFICATION ON THE REPRESENTATIVE TRIALS ON MONDAY 28th NOVEMBER FROM THE ASSOCIATION. ANY CONCERNS OR ENQUIRIES ABOUT THE TRIALS PLEASE CONTACT SYDNEY SOUTH AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW.
2017 Representative Information
Sydney South Hockey Association is calling for all nominations for Representative Program players and Representative Team Officials for 2017. All nominations are now open and will close 10th December 2016.
Players and Officials can either nominate online by clicking on the below links or using emailing the nomination form (See links to Word version of nomination form)
2017 Representative Player Nomination Form (click on link below)
2017 Representative Official Nomination Form (click on link below)
Email Nomination Forms:
At this stage all nomination forms should be sent to The Secretary, SSHA – email address email@example.com or postal address Penthouse 1, 1 Ocean Grove Avenue, Cronulla 2230.
Dates for U13/ U15/ U18/ Open Hockey Trials
December 11th, (Skill assessment, modified skills/ beep test and small game)
January 29th (Beep Test, small game & full field game)
February 5th (Full field game)
Times for trials:
1.30pm-3:00pm (13 Boys & Girls)
3.00pm – 4.30pm (U15 Boys and Girls)
4.30pm – 6.00pm (U18 Boys and Girls and Open Men and Women)
Times for trials (2-3:30pm/ Skills and small games). The Under 11’s selection trial will be based on a modified U13 selection program.
Players are expected to attend, wherever possible, all trials to have the best chance possible for selectors to see you performing at your best. All the sessions will contain all the components essential for each player to be considered for team selection. Fitness and skill sessions will be based on the Hockey New South Wales Player Benchmarks, available under the High Performance tab on the Hockey NSW website.
In addition to the nomination forms the Sydney South Hockey Association would like you to read the following notes regarding the 2017 Selection process and Representative hockey in 2017 season:
- No shadows will be selected in 2017. Selectors will select between 13 and 15 Players for all teams, unless in the case of the team that will take two goalkeepers, then 15 players will be selected (Selection Policy).
- There will be no special consideration given to people who do not attend the 50% of trials. However players from Sydney South in the HNSW AAP session or HNSW State Squad session that clashes with an Association rep trial will count towards the player achieving the 50% minimum under the Association requirements.
- Sydney South will maintain the same selectors for each age group where possible so as to avoid the possibilities of not assessing players who cannot attend the three trials and better facilitate the selection process.
SSHA Representative Policy:
State Championship Dates and Venues
- Under 18 Boys 12th – 14th May Newcastle
- Under 18 Girls 5th – 7th May Macathur
- Under 15 Girls 26th – 28th May Wagga Wagga
- Open Men 10th – 12th June Macathur
- Open Women 10th – 12th June Moorebank
- Under 15 Boys 23rd – 25th June Taree
- Under 13 Girls 29th June – 2nd July Tamworth
- Under 13 Boys 13th – 16th July Armidale